The history of the nescence of Truskavets. From the past to nowadays.

  • 1469 The first written recollection about Truskavets.

Archaeological findings, in particular, Roman battle stamp dated IV century AD, indicate that the territory of Truskavets could have been the battle theatre of Goths and Carpathian tribes led by Carpes from one side, and by the legions of the Roman Empire from the other one.
The name of the town of “Truskavets” has stood as a controversial question for the historians up till nowadays. Some consider, that “Truskavets” is a modified form of the Polish word “truskawka” (strawberry).

But the strawberries had appeared in Europe only after the year of 1712 and it was brought from Chili by French officer Fraizier. And the name of the town firstly has been found in XV century. Other scientists believe, that the title of the town had been influenced by the Lithuanian language.

In Lithuanian “druska” – salt, and the precarpathian region – a famous salt production center. Tight intergovernmental relations of Galicia-Volyn principality and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania in XII-XVcen. testify in favour of this variant.

In the end of the XVIII and in the beginning of the XIX century in Truskavets besides of salt, began to mine mineral wax and oil in limited quantities, from which by the means of distillation gas has been produced for the lightning of big Austria-Hungary cities.

  • In 1820, when drilling one of the wells a sulphurous water mineral spring has been evinced. Since that time the surrounding villages’ inhabitants have started arriving to Truskavets for treating with this water from the articular rheumatism, skin diseases, and a bit later from stomach diseases.
  • In 1827 according to the order of Austrian state enterprises director Y.Leshchevsky, for the first time not big (only for eight cabins) the first balneary was built and since that time Truskavets is considered to be a resort.
  • In 1833 in Truskavets a salt-bitter spring called “Maria” was opened, a bit later in 1842 a salt-sulfate spring “Sofia”.

First tests of springs “Maria” and “Naftussia” mineral waters and of the spring “Ferdinand” salt brine were held in 1835 by Lviv pharmacist Torosevych. The publication of the Truskavets mineral waters tests, description of Truskavets mineral springs was held by doctor Mashek. In 1842 Austrian doctor Wenger’s dissertation “About the therapeutic effect of Truskavets resort mineral waters” was published, which has had a great significance for the popularization of the resort patients involvement.

  • In 1858 new sulphurous springs called “Emmanuel” and “Anna” with the total debit of 3500 liters per hour were opened. Nearly at that time a 30 bath balneary was built, a bit later, in 1861, a mud-hospital was constructed and for the first time at the resort the peat mud-treatment prepared on the mineral water has been applied. It has been also promoting the resort popularization and growing of the patients number.
  • In 1859 the resort goes out of the state submission and devolves under the lease of the private joint-stock company and then transfers into the property of separate people.

In the beginning of the XX century a water supply that provides water from the lake which is situated at Pomiarky was built at the resort, sewerage of the resort main buildings was conducted, pavilions and pumping rooms for mineral waters emitting were constructed, but, mainly the construction of residential buildings grown.

  • In 1911 the resort has devolved under the possession of the joint stock company led by Yarosh, who has remained the resort possessor till 1939.
  • In 1912 a railway road was built between Truskavets and Drohobych, and the amount of the patients by that time attained the number of 3000 during summer season ( there was no winter season at that time)

During the First World War the resort fell into decay and there was no building. After the end of the war Truskavets goes under the submission of Poland

But, with the changing of the state affiliation the character of possession and exploitation didn’t change – the joint stock company remains the holder and Yarosh remains the chief.

  • In 1939 lands of the Western Ukraine were joined to the other part of the country. On basis of private pensions and hotels eight health-resorts for 1500 beds were developed, two of them –clinical health-resorts. One for the patients with urologic diseases and the other one for diseases of gastrointestinal tract.

The resort has changed its face, a set of measures for the public welfare and organization of resort’s general treatment establishments have been taken (balneary, mud-hospital, electro-physiotherapy and others.)

But a prosperous development of the resort was ceased by the German-fascist invader assault in 1941. During the years of occupation Hitler’s occupants destroyed and looted resort’s health improving establishments.

After victory over Germany, work for restoration and building of the resort has started immediately. Huge attention was payed to the restoration and adjustment of the resort.
Despite of huge demolitions, resort medical staff, immediately after the war in comparatively short span of time renewed water supply and sewerage and started the restoration of resort’s general establishments (balneary, and mud-hospital), treating and dormitory buildings of the resort. All the health-resort buildings were restored, gasified and most of them were converted to year-round job.

A systematic work for studying the healing properties of the resort mineral springs is held, measures for researching new springs of the mineral waters are taken, starting from 1947 ozokerite heat treatment has been led in and widely used.

Healing work at the resort overbuilds on basis of the medical science newest achievements and physiological doctrine of I.Pavlov. Treatment methods of different groups of diseases, with indications for treatment in Truskavets were worked out. Resort doctors are engaged in research work for the study of the resort therapeutic factors. Experimental laboratory has been organized at the resort, where using Pavlov’s methods the action of the resort mineral waters on the function of various organs is studied.

Thereby, in comparatively short span of time the resort was not only renewed, and considerably moved forward in its development. The activity of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) in Truskavets and Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UIA) should be pointed out before and after the year of 1939. Till 1939 OUN has been at war with Poles, after 1939 with Soviet invasion troops. Two natives of Truskavets Vasyl Bilas and Dmytro Danylyshyn - made an attempt of killing the Polish Sejm deputy Tadeusz Holuvko. It happened in Horodok on the 24th of August 1931. It was exceptionally a political act of Polish chauvinist. Action was not successful and had a great resonance in Poland. Two of the combatants were caught and sentenced to death. Their heroic behavior during the trial and during the execution of the sentence had an immense impact on the Ukrainians on all the territories occupied by Poland. The memory about the heroes is stated on the names of the streets and on the memorials in Truskavets.

A Truskavets citizen Roman Makomatskyi, Vasyl Bilas’ nephew, member of OUN and warrior of UIA recruited in informants the Soviet general Saburov’s wife – Nina, who helped to save thousands of lives of Galicians, disrupt a number of NKVD punitive operations against the civilian population. Under the guidance of Makomatskyi soldiers abducted general Saburov himself and changed him for 200 arrested insurgents. This is a unique case in the history of the Sovier Army, which has never been repeated.

Трускавець °C
Львів °C
Київ °C
  24.10.2020 Ferienhaus Ostsee



На сайті консультує лікар

Петровський Олег Болеславович

у розділі Лікування/Запитайте в лікаря


Чи знайшли ви потрібну інформацію на сайті?